This Book is So (3): Weird yet Fascinating...



You know sometimes you're in the middle of a book and are just about to explode with feelings, be they good or bad, and you just want get them out there and no one is willing to listen. Well, that's what "This Book is So" is for; tell us how your current read is making you feel. Are you head over heels in love with, feeling kind of 'meh' about it, or maybe it's making you feel rage-y.


I'm actually onto my third book of the year, but this is the first one that was long enough to leave an impression worthy of posting under this feature. Currently, I'm about a third of the way through reading a new translation of an old Greek story about a voyage and impossible quest set before the hero.

How does it make me feel, well, something kinda like this every time a new, impossible to pronounce, name is mentioned...especially when some of the are somewhat similar... 




And then there's the characters where you're like....


One of the most fascinating things about mythology is this (partly because they were such a superstitions lot) ...


As weird as all the genealogies are (because pedigree was so important), I find myself unable to stop reading this book. I just cannot stop reading it!!!

That my friends, is my gif-a-fide (totally a word) thoughts on my first classic read of the year. Contrary to what some of the gifs may imply, I am absolutely enjoying this book and am hoping to be done with it by the time you read this post!!!

Comments

Popular Posts