A Haunting 6th Blogoversary [Day the First]:


*Note: due to blogger being cantankerous the last two days, this post is going up the day after my blogoversary* T_T

Guys, I am beyond excited to kick-off my sixth blogoversary by spotlighting a few bloggers and an author. They've all be kind enough to answer a handful of random questions to be shared with you lovelies starting tomorrow.

Because I can find no words to express my excitement over celebrating six years of blogging here at The Haunting of Orchid Forsythia, I decided that this gif from Enchanted does the job quite well in showing just how I feel today.


Even with what has happened over the weekend in the booksphere, I find myself still wanting to show my appreciation for all those who have supported me in this blogging endeavor for the past for years and to encourage y'all (those who blog) to not let anyone take away your joy of talking about books whether you like the book or not. Again, while I do encourage you not to be disheartened by the latest happenings, I do urge all of y'all to do always keep your personal safety in mind at all times whilst internet-ting.

All seriousness aside, let's get back to celebrating!!!!!!!!!!!



So, the question remains, after six years what have I learned from this experience........


  • That sometimes you just have to throw all the rules and any plans right out the window. Things don't always go just how you imagined them going; and you know what that is 100% okay because things happen! 
  • That there are still so many books out there that I want to read and authors I have yet to discover. Oh my gosh, just thinking of all the book world left to dive into has me crazy excited!!! *hides multiple stacks of TBR books under bed*
  • That I have find my people! You, yes, you wonderful you, who take the time to share your thoughts on what you read. Without you I would have missed out on so many books that I considered not within my reading preference. Y'all have also saved me from reading certain books that would have been not for me. Blogger, reader, reviewer, book lover: I believe y'all are all pretty awesome and look forward to yet another year of bookish fun. 
  • Finally, that there are so many amazing, nice authors out there. I am thankful for having the opportunity to work with so many of you through the years. 

FOR ALL YOU AWESOME PEOPLE!!!

I would like to thank each and every one of y'all for all of your support and for sticking around. I am definitely looking forward to sharing more awesome book things with y'all over the next year (and then-some).


In closing thoughts....

I'll be answering questions posted by my lovely blog guests over the next few days, so, if you have a question you like me to answer just leave it in the comments and I'll include it in the closing post for the celebration.

P.S. You can still sign-up to be spotlighted on the blog as I'm looking to make this a regular feature to help spread the book and book blog love around. All info is on the sidebar.

Comments

Popular Posts