In My Mailbox (118) Where I Cleaned Out My Shelves and Find New Books

In My Mailbox, inspired by Pop Culture Junkie and hosted by The Story Siren.

Over the last couple of weeks I cleaned out around 60 books from my shelves-mostly adult books that was never going to read again or that I just was not interested in. Needless to say that after trading them in for credit at one of the bookstores here I immediately bought some to replace them with.
A huge thank you to Penguin and Audiobook Jukebox and AudioGo, as well, as to whoever decided to trade in the awesome titles by some of my favorite authors.

Bought (trade credit)
A House Like a Lotus (O'Keefe Family, 3) by Madeleine L'Engle, 1985 (originally published in 1984). Published by Laurel Leaf. My review of A House Like a Lotus.
Meet the Austins (Austin Family, 1) by Madeleine L'Engle, 1981 (originally published in 1960). Published by Laurel Leaf. My review of Meet the Austins.

Dragon's Blood (Pit Dragon Chronicles) by Jane Yolen, 2004 (originally published in 1982). Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt.  My review of Dragon's Blood.                    
Heart's Blood (Pit Dragon Chronicles, 2) by Jane Yolen, 2004 (originally published in 1984). Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt.
Dragon's Heart (Pit Dragon Chronicles, 4) by Jane Yolen, 2009. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt.    

Bought (thrift-store)
Dragonsong (Harper Hall, 1) by Anne McCaffrey, 1977 (originally published in 1976). Published by Bantam Spectra. My review of Dragonsong.
Foundation (Valdemar: The Collegium Chronicles, 1) by Mercedes Lackey, 2009. Published by DAW.
The City, Not Long After by Pat Murphy, 2006 (originally published in 1989). Published by Puffin.
Katarina by Kathryn Winter, 1999. Published by Scholastic.

Review
Freshman Year & Other Unnatural Disasters by Meredith Zeitlin, March 1, 2012. Published by  G.P. Putnam's Sons.
Little Women *Audiobook* (Little Women, 1) by Louisa May Alcott, 2011 (originally published in 1867). Published by AudioGo.
                      
Y'all, I am so very excited to have found three out of four of the Pit Dragon Chronicle books (love that series and cannot wait to find the one I am missing and reread them all). And the fact that I was able to find two Madeleine L'Engle, a Mercedes Lackey, and Dragonsong by Anne McCaffrey is just icing on the cake. =)

Yes, I have never read Little Women...okay, I've only read the abridged versions, but that so does not count. So I am very excited to listen to the audiobook of it. Freshman Year & The Oriental Casebook both sound highly entertaining and I cannot wait to start them.

What do y'all think of this week's books? Any y'all are excited to read or that you loved?

Please, feel free to leave a link to your IMM, so that I can check out the awesomeness that you got this week.

Comments

  1. Interesting books. Not my taste, but these books look interesting.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE Little Women. Hope you enjoy them all!

    Check out my IMM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lot of books. I hope you would enjoy them :D

    Mariska

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! SO many good looking fantasy books right there -- from L'Engle to Yolen to Norton. I am green with envy.

    Happy reading! :-)

    AND YAY NO WORD VERIFICATION!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a great week! I hope you enjoy all you got :)

    Here's my IMM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am such a big Sherlock Holmes fan!

    Hope you enjoy everything you got in this week! You can check out my IMM for this week by clicking on the link below :)

    Lea @ LC's Adventures in Libraryland

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts