Wish List Wednesday (22)

Another Pan (Another, book 2) by Daniel & Dina Nayeri; Oct 26th, 2010.
Sixteen-year-old Wendy Darling and her insecure freshman brother, John, are hitting the books at the Marlowe School. But one tome consumes their attention: The Book of Gates, a coveted Egyptian artifact that their professor father believes has magical powers. Soon Wendy and John discover that the legend is real when they recite from its pages and descend into a snaking realm beneath the Manhattan school. As the hallways darken, and dead moths cake the floor, a charismatic new R.A. named Peter reveals that their actions have unleashed a terrible consequence: the underworld and all its evil is now seeping into Marlowe. Daniel Nayeri and Dina Nayeri return to reimagine Peter Pan as a twisty, atmospheric, and fast-paced fantasy about the perils of immortality.
Why: Because Another Faust was one of the best books I have read this year; and I cannot wait to see how the authors twist the story of Peter Pan.

Comments

  1. Ooh, sounds good! I'm really liking Another Faust so far (even though I don't like most of the characters), so I'm definitely looking forward to Another Pan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Dahlia! I love twists on fairy tales, and this sounds interesting:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts