In My Mailbox (59)

In My Mailbox was started by Kristi of The Story Siren and inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie. Sadly the only books I order are those that are hard to find. The following books are from the library and bookstores.

Library Book Sale:
Understand the Unknown (Everworld, 10)- K.A. Applegate,
The Taming of the Shrew- Shakespeare
Middlemarch- George Eliot, 1871.
The Maltese Falcon- Dashiell Hammett, 1930. (Reviewed Here)
The Dragonriders of Pern (Dragonriders of Pern, 1-3)- Anne McCaffrey, 1968, 1970, 1978.
The Crystal Singer (The Crystal Singer, 1)- Anne McCaffrey, 1982.
All the Weyrs of Pern (Dragonriders of Pern, 8)- Anne McCaffrey, 1991.
Owlflight (Darian’s Tale, 1)- Mercedes Lackey, 1997.
Black Trillium (Trillium, 1-3)- Marion Zimmer Bradley, Julian May, & Andre Norton, 1990.
Night Angel Trilogy (The Way of Shadows, Shadow’s Edge, & Beyond the Shadows)- Brent Weeks, 2008.
The Glass Books of the Dream Eaters, VOL 1- Gordon Dahlquist, 2006.
The Glass Books of the Dream Eaters, VOL 2- Gordon Dahlquist, 2007.
Across the Nightingale Floor (Tales of the Otori, 1)- Lian Hearn, 2002. (Reviewed Here)
The Robots of Dawn (Robots, 4)- Isaac Asimov, 1983.
Fangs 4 Freaks (Half-Blood Vampire, 2)- Serena Robar, 2006.
Mirror of Danger- Pamela Sykes, 1973.
Wild Act, VOL 2- Rie Takada, 2003.
Running Out of Time- Margaret Peterson Haddix, 1995.
Jade Green: A Ghost Story- Phyllis Reynolds Naylor, 1999.
Witch and Wizard (Witch and Wizard, 1)- James Patterson, 2009.
The House of Seven Gables- Nathaniel Hawthorne, 1851.
A Study in Scarlet & The Hound of the Baskervilles (Sherlock Holmes, 1 &3)- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1888, 1902. (couldn't find the link or cover I wanted)

Last Saturday two of my friends and I went to a library sale. In the end we spent $10 on two large paper bags for a grand total of 57 books (plus two that we picked up at some store along the way for $3.25). I found quite a few books that I had either read before and loved or ones that I had been meaning to read, and some that just sounded good. Now I am just two books shy of finishing K.A. Applegate's Everworld series *yay*. I figure if I keep raiding library sales I'll eventually finish my Anne McCaffrey, Mercedes Lackey, and Robin McKinley collections.

Used Bookstore:

The Blue Sword (Damar, 2)- Robin McKinley, 1982. (Reviewed Here)
Fruits Basket, VOL 2- Natsuki Takaya, 1999.
Ouran High School Host Club, VOL 1- Bisco Hatori, 2005
Ouran High School Host Club, VOL 2- Bisco Hatori, 2005.

I should really stop going to the Used Bookstore, but I always manage to find something I've been dying to get, like, The Blue Sword by Robin McKinley (which is one of my all-time favorite books). I was pleased to find some mangas that I really love (now I must plan on how to get the rest of the Ouran High School Host Club mangas that I saw there).

I'm super excited about all the books I have found in the last week and cannot wait to read each and every one of them. Hope y'all had a great book week too.

Comments

  1. You did really well at the Library Book Sale. The Blue Sword is one of my all-time favorite books too. Have you had a chance to read Pegasus yet. It is definitely on my wishlist. My mailbox is here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy Martin: Thanks. Yes, I have read Pegasus and it was amazing. Look for my review of it in the next two weeks. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...you cleaned up, girl! That's my kind of library sale!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts