In My Mailbox (56)

In My Mailbox was started by Kristi of The Story Siren and inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie. Sadly the only books I order are those that are hard to find. The following books are from the library and bookstores.

Library:
The Dead Girl’s Dance (Morganville Vampires, book 2) by Rachel Caine, 2007.
Claire Danvers has her share of challenges-like being a genius in a school that favors beauty over brains, dealing with the homicidal girls in her dorm, and above all, finding out that her collage town is overrun with vampires. On the upside, she has a great roommate (who tends to disappear at sunup) and a new boyfriend named Shane… whose vampire-hunting dad has called in backup: cycle punks who like the idea of killing just about anything.
Now a fraternity is throwing its annual Dead Girl’s Dance and- surprise!-Claire and her equally outcast best friend, Eve, have been invited. When they find out why, all hell is going to break loose. Because this time both the living and the dead are coming out-and everybody’s hungry for blood.
Since I really enjoyed reading Glass Houses- which ended with a major cliffhanger- I just had to order The Dead Girl’s Dance as soon as possible. Of course I didn’t think it would come in so soon, but that’s fine since I’m almost done with last weeks books.

The Quiche of Death (Agatha Raisin, book 1) by M.C. Beaton,
TOO MANY COOKS SPOIL THE QUICHE…

Putting all her eggs in one basket, Agatha Raisin gives up her successful PR firm, sells her London flat, and samples a taste of early retirement in the quiet village of Carsely. Bored, lonely and used to getting her way, she enters a local baking contest: Surely a blue ribbon for the best quiche will make her the toast of the town. But her recipe for social advancement sours when Judge Cummings-Browne not only snubs her entry—but falls over dead! After her quiche’s secret ingredient turns out to be poison, she must reveal the unsavory truth…
Agatha has never baked a thing in her life! In fact, she bought her entry ready-made from an upper crust London quicherie. Grating on the nerves of several Carsely residents, she is soon receiving sinister notes. Has her cheating and meddling landed her in hot water, or are the threats related to the suspicious death? It may mean the difference between egg on her face and a coroner’s tag on her toe…
The Quiche of Death sounded like an interesting mystery, so I put it on hold at my library and it finally came in one month later.

Contest:
Token of Darkness by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes, 2010.
Cooper Blake has everything going for him—until he wakes from a car accident with his football career in ruins and a mysterious, attractive girl by his side. Cooper doesn’t know how Samantha got there or why he can see her; all he knows is that she’s a ghost, and the shadows that surround her seem intent on destroying her.

No one from Cooper’s old life would understand what he can barely grasp himself. . . . But Delilah, the captain of the cheerleading squad, has secrets of her own, like her ability to see beyond the physical world, and her tangled history with Brent, a loner from a neighboring school who can hear strangers’ most intimate thoughts. Delilah and Brent know that Cooper is in more trouble than he realizes, and that Samantha may not be as innocent as she has led Cooper to believe. But the only way to figure out where Samantha came from will put them all in more danger than they ever dreamed possible. 
I would like to thank Ravenous Reader of Tales of the Ravenous Reader, I won Token of Darkness form her blog. Apparently it got lost in the mail room, which means I only just got it over the past week or so, I'm just glad that it came in.

I huge thanks goes out to Michelle Zink, thanks for the candy.
I won a ton of candy during a chat that the Mundie Moms hosted with author Michelle Zink (Prophecy of Sisters). 

Traded:
A Crack in the Line (The Withern Rise Trilogy, book 1) by Michael Lawrence, 2003.

What if someone else was living your life?

You are sixteen. You live with your father in a big Victorian house on the outskirts of London. Your mother is dead, killed in a train crash two years ago. It is snowing. The snow is falling on the house and the wide yard and the gnarled old tree that everyone calls the Family Tree. It makes you restless. You reach out your hands toward an object you've known all your life, and suddenly the walls melt away. When you open your eyes, you are still in your living room. "Who are you?" asks a girl who looks just like you but is not you. "And what are you doing in my house?"

You have stumbled into another version of your life. This girl is sixteen. She lives wth your father (her father) in a big Victorian house on the outskirts of London. Your mother (her mother) is not dead. She had a close call in a train crash two years ago. Listen: your mother is calling you (her) now. 
I got A Crack in the Line, which I’ve been wanting to read for quite sometime, from a trade with Dahlia. Thanks, D.

Well that's all the books I have received in the last two weeks. Hope y'all have had an awesome week in books.

Comments

  1. I enjoyed reading The Dead Girls' Dance! In fact the whole series is seriously entertaining and I cannot wait for Ghost Town to be released!

    Hope you have fun reading that book as well as the others you got. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness... I have to read the Morganville Vamps soon. I've heard so much about them!!

    Happy Reading!
    Here's My IMM:
    http://bit.ly/9hmI1q

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome books. I need to read the morganville vampires series

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi. Token of Darkness sounds like a really good read. You received some great books this week.

    Happy reading
    Here's my IMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's lovely finding new blogs through memes such as IMM, and especially now that I've found yours.

    Your blog is awesome, and I'm a follower for sure. ;)

    Those books look delicious...and SO EXCITING - I'll be looking out for some reviews.

    If you have time, check out my IMM here.

    xx Tina
    ●▬▬๑۩Book Couture۩๑▬▬●

    ReplyDelete
  6. Token of Darkness looks really good - I love summaries like that, that draw you in so much you instantly want to read the book. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been wanting to read Glass Houses and the whole series but just haven't had the time. I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying the Morganville vampires!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A Crack in the Line looks fantastic! Can't wait to read it!!!

    Here's My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  9. Token of Darkness sounds good. You'll have to let me borrow it after you read it. :)
    Hope you enjoy A Crack in the Line!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts