Glass Houses

Glass Houses (Morganville Vampires, book 1) by Rachel Caine; 2006.
College freshman Claire Danvers has had enough of her nightmarish dorm situation. When Claire heads off-campus, the imposing old house where she finds a room may not be much better. Her new roommates don't show many signs of life, but they'll have Claire's back when the town's deepest secrets come crawling out, hungry for fresh blood.

I was actually (almost) very disappointed in Glass Houses. The beginning was just so slow that I nearly put it aside for something else, but instead I decided to give it a little longer to pick up; I ended up thoroughly engrossed in the book and staying up way too late (again) because I just had to know how it was going to end.

   Although it ended up being a really good read I was a bit turned off with the repetitiveness of Claire and her inability to stand up for herself, but at least she finally did something about it.
   On a whole my favorite character was Shane, cliché as it might sound I liked the whole heart of gold/broken, miss-titled “bad boy”. The one thing I liked about the main character Claire was that she was a smart female character, without being annoyingly irritating with downplaying how smart she actually was.
   I found Morganville to be quite interesting with how the “mortals” had to have a sponsor and wear those bracelets. The other thing that I found to be fascinating about the Morganville was how those who left would forget that it was run by vampires or that anything strange went on there, it was definitely on odd twist.
   One I got pass the slow start to the book, I really got into the authors style of writing and found myself completely hooked right through the very end.
   My favorite part of the book is the (you guessed it) was the big fight scene near the end of the book.
There’s one part of the book that I both love and hate, the end. I mean come on how cruel to leave off with that kind of a cliffhanger (possible death. On the last page), whatever will I do until the second book comes in?
  In the end I really enjoyed reading Glass Houses and am eagerly waiting to get the second book from the library.

I would definitely recommend Glass Houses to all vampire/YA lovers.

Glass Houses earns 4 out of 5 pineapples.
__________________________________
1. Glass Houses was borrowed from the library. 

Comments

Popular Posts