In My Mailbox (47)

In My Mailbox was started by Kristi of The Story Siren and inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie. Sadly the only books I order are those that are hard to find. The following books are from the library and bookstores.
Library:
Author: Caroline B. Cooney
Title: Driver’s Ed
Publication Date: 1994
Synopsis: “driver’s Ed was like so many things in school. If the parents only knew…
Remy Marland crossed her fingers and prayed to the God of Driver’s education that she would get to drive today. Remy loved to drive. She didn’t know where she was going, but one thing was for sure. She was going to get there fast.

Morgan Campbell had been standing on the threshold of turning sixteen and getting his driver’s license ever since he could remember. Deep in the first crush of his life, thinking of nothing but girls, Morgan forgot what driving was all about.

Driver’s Ed… the only life and death course in school.  

Author: The Astonishing Adventures of Fanboy and Goth Girl
Title: Barry Lyga
Publication Date: 2006
Synopsis: "For most of his life, Donnie's followed his mother's advice, given when he was first picked on by bullies in grade school: ignore them. He lives mostly under the radar, both at school and at home, sailing through classes and working on his graphic novel, Schemata. His life sucks, but at least he knows what to expect. The Astonishing Adventures of Fanboy and Goth Girl relates what happens when someone notices him — really notices him — for the first time.
Mysterious goth girl Kyra, dressed in black and with an attitude just as dark, forces her way into his life, renaming him Fanboy. A loner in her own right, Kyra challenges Fanboy's perceptions of his possibilities. When Fanboy's longtime friend Cal starts hanging out with the jocks that have always made Fanboy's life a living hell, Kyra steps in to fill the void. She convinces him that greatness lies within reach, if only he can convince comic book guru Bendis to take a look at his graphic novel . . ."

Author: Rachel Hawkins
Title: Hex Hall
Series: Hex Hall (book 1)
Publication Date: 2010  
Synopsis: "Three years ago, Sophie Mercer discovered that she was a witch. It's gotten her into a few scrapes. Her non-gifted mother has been as supportive as possible, consulting Sophie's estranged father-an elusive European warlock-only when necessary. But when Sophie attracts too much human attention for a prom-night spell gone horribly wrong, it's her dad who decides her punishment: exile to Hex Hall, an isolated reform school for wayward Prodigium, a.k.a. witches, faeries, and shapeshifters.

By the end of her first day among fellow freak-teens, Sophie has quite a scorecard: three powerful enemies who look like supermodels, a futile crush on a gorgeous warlock, a creepy tagalong ghost, and a new roommate who happens to be the most hated person and only vampire on campus. Worse, Sophie soon learns that a mysterious predator has been attacking students, and her only friend is the number-one suspect."

I know I say this just about every week, but I’m really excited about this week’s books. Plus I have my first 2010 debut author book up for reading this week (Hex Hall- Rachel Hawkins) and I totally cannot wait to read.
This week I also have one re-read, Caroline B. Cooney’s Driver’s Ed, another awesome book that has stuck with me since I first read it. I have also decided to give Barry Lyga’s The Astonishing Adventures of Fanboy and Goth Girl a shot.
Well that’s all for me this week in books. Hope y’all have an awesome book week and I cannot wait to see what everyone got this week.

Orchid
___________________________________
All books were borrowed from the library.

Comments

  1. I hope you enjoy Hex Hall. I liked it when I read it. I'll have to check out Driver's Ed. I know I have it in my HS Media Center. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Word on the street, is Hex Hall is pretty amazing. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved Hex Hall. Hope you do too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh hex hall! love! hope you enjoy! happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great books! I enjoyed Hex Hall too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like an awesome haul! Love, love, love Hex Hall!

    I'm your newest follower.

    You can check out mine here.

    Happy Monday!

    Arena
    aka The Nerd's Wife

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a great week: I really enjoyed Hex Hall. Happy Reading! Check out my IMMB if you want here

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts