The Demon's Lexicon

Author: Sarah Rees Brennan

Title: The Demon’s Lexicon
Series: Demon’s Lexicon (book 1)
Publication Date: 2009
Number of Pages:
Genre: YA/Supernatural/Horror
Synopsis: “Sixteen-year-old Nick and his brother, Alan, are always on the run from the deadly magicians who use demons to work their magic. Alan is Nick's partner in demon slaying and the only person he trusts. So things get very scary when Nick begins to suspect that everything Alan has told him about their past is a complete lie."
After sitting on my shelf for a little over four months (I got it for Christmas) I have finally gotten around to reading (it in March) The Demon’s Lexicon, and it has turned into one of the best books I have ever had the pleasure of reading.
The two brothers (Nick and Alan) reminded me of Sam and Dean from the first two seasons of Supernatural, the over protective older brother, and the younger brother who has a dark secret. As you can probably guess, one of my favorite things about The Demon’s Lexicon was the relationship between the brothers.
I liked Mae and Jamie, I thought they brought a whole new dimension to the book and I enjoyed how it complicated matters, plus they kind of threw a wrench in Nick and Alan’s already twisted life.
My favorite part of The Demon’s Lexicon would have to be near the end of the book when the mom finally does something useful. I thought her role in the end of the book was an interesting twist.
My least favorite thing about the book would have to be the (US) hardback cover. I just don’t like the cover, not in the least bit, but the book more then makes up for it.
The Demon’s Lexicon was an excellently dark read, with plenty of action, and a completely addictive plotline that kept me reading long after I should have called it a night. If you haven’t read it yet, I highly recommend that you give it a shot.

The Demon’s Lexicon earns 5 out of 5 pineapples.

Orchid

Comments

  1. I've read that book! I thought it was really good and even wrote an essay on it for school. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been able to get past the cover - the guy really bugs me. But if you say it's good...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts