Tattoo

Author: Jennifer Lynn Barnes
Title: Tattoo1
Series: Bailey (book 1)
Publication Date: 2007
Number of Pages: 272
Genre: YA/Mystery/Thriller
Synopsis: "Bailey Morgan isn't the type of girl who shows a lot of skin, but somehow, she ends up in a dressing room at the mall with her friend Delia applying a temporary tattoo to her lower back. Never one to suffer fashion doubt, trendsetter Delia knows exactly where she wants her own tattoo: on her stomach, right where her shirt ends—can you say "midriff"? Annabelle, the quiet one, chooses the back of her neck, and tomboy Zo plasters hers on the top of her foot. The tattoos will last for three days, and Delia's sure that with them, the four friends will absolutely kill at the school dance.
Unfortunately, killing is just what someone has in mind, and Bailey, Delia, Annabelle, and Zo are in for the battle of their lives. Along with her tattoo, each girl receives a gift—a supernatural power to help them in their fight. As Bailey's increasingly frightening dreams reveal the nature of their enemy, it becomes clear to the girls that it's up to them to save the world. And if they can get Delia to stop using her newfound power to turn gum wrappers into Prada pumps, they might actually stand a chance."

I have actually been trying to read a book by Jennifer Lynn Barnes for quite some time, but I could never find a copy of any of her books at either the library or a bookstore. So when I saw that Tattoo was in my libraries system I decided that it was time to give her a work a try and it was definitely worth the wait.
Out of all the books that I have read, and that's a lot of books, the characters in Tattoo were some of my favorites. I loved how different the four girls were from each other, but what made them truly likable in my book would have to be how close they were to each other. The two that I liked best were Bailey and Zo.
The reason I picked Zo and Bailey as my two favorite characters from the book would have to that I loved the friendship and camaraderie between them and the way they stuck up for each other.
I'm not sure why I found it funny, but the funniest part of the book to me would have to be when Bailey, Zo, Delia, and Annabelle were adding "In Bed" to the end of everything and having a giggle fit.
My favorite scene in Tattoo would have to be the final battle against the big bad that wanted revenge. I'm glad that the final showdown didn't fall flat. Plus it was really interesting to see how they defeated her.
My least favorite part of the book would have to be that it just went by entirely too quick and that I was done with it so soon.
Like I said at the beginning of my review Tattoo was well worth the wait and I hope to get a chance to read another of her books in the future.

Tattoo earns 4 out of 5 pineapples.
___________________________________________________
1. Tattoo was borrowed from the library.

Comments

  1. Great review! Never heard of any books by Jeniifer Lynn Barnes. I'll have to check out this book.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts