Mississippi Jack

Author: L.A. Meyer
Title: Mississippi Jack1
Series: A Bloody Jack Adventure (book 5)
Number of Pages: 624
Publication Date: 2007
Genre: Historical Fiction
Synopsis: "Jacky's on the run ... and this time she's finding song and adventure on the
mighty Mississippi."



I am going to start this review by saying that man was this book heavy, it was over 600 pages long.
Mississippi Jack was a barrel of laughs, especially since Jacky and Jaimy kept just missing each other by a couple of days as they both traveled down the Mississippi River. After barely escaping capture by the English, while he is trying to catch up to her, just made for what was probably the funniest Jacky Adventure yet. That is until their miss understanding near the end of the book, but that's a story you should read for yourself.
Jacky manages to make more friends and even more enemies in a book chock full of eccentric characters.
Did I mention she nearly dies... yet again and winds up getting tarred and loses her hair?
Least favorite part of the book might be a couple of the Jaimy chapters.
Favorite part, hmm, most of the book.
It seems to me with each book Jacky finds herself getting into deeper trouble and having more and more trouble getting herself out of tight jams. Could it be that her luck is finally starting to run dry? I don't know, but I do know one thing you cannot help buy root for her to win.
One of these days I'm going to have to buy the whole series.

I can't believe it's taken me this long to write the review for Mississippi Jack, which earns 5 out of 5 pineapples.
Orchid
____________________________________________________________________
1. Mississippi Jack was borrowed from the library.

Comments

  1. I keep hearing good things about this series but haven't read them. I've got to start!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts