A Killing Frost

Author: John Marsden

Title: A Killing Frost
Series: Tomorrow (book 3)
Number of Pages: 288
Publication Date: 1993
Genre: Action/Adventure
Synopsis: "Ellie and her friends return from a camping trip to find their country at war. Learning together, they fight back—battling fear, rage, and the invading army that has stolen their land, seized their homes, taken their families, and destroyed their future. Continuing the story begun in Tomorrow When the War Began and The Dead of Night, John Marsden paints a shockingly real portrait of teenagers who take great risks to defend what is theirs."

I must say that A Killing Frost1 more than lived up to my expectations. After reading the first two books in the series I was afraid that maybe the third one wouldn’t be as good as the previous ones, but like I said it was definitely worth reading.
It was just as action packed as the first two2. I must admit I love the various reactions of the different characters concerning what they have done during the war and how they each handle death. Be it killing an enemy soldier or the death of a friend3. Another thing I like about this series is how Ellie doesn’t hold back on her narrative and tells the story of their struggles without glossing over the unpleasant parts.
Ellie and her friends caused by far the most damage to the opposition in this book by severally damaging the port that they were using, but as in all things, they weren’t going to be able to celebrate for long about what they did.
A Killing Frost had both its happy and sad moments
I think the most shocking part of A Killing Frost would have to be near the end of the book. I won’t go into details about what was so shocking because I would hate to give away something about the plot, but I never saw it coming. And that’s all I’m going to say on that matter.
As I have said in my review of Tomorrow, When the War Began and The Dead of Night this series is made of awesome and I cannot wait to read the next book.

A Killing Frost earns 5 out of 5 pineapples.
Orchid
____________________________________________________________________
1. I borrowed A Killing Frost from my library.
2. The first two books in the Tomorrow series are Tomorrow, When the War Began and The Dead of Night.
3. Chris died in the second book and they were pretty messed up.

Comments

  1. I really need to get reading so I can start this series, your reviews have been great and have me very excited!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts