Tomorrow, When the War Began

Author: John Marsden
Title: Tomorrow, When the War Began
Series: Tomorrow (book1)
Number of Pages: 277
Publication Date: 1995
Genre: Teen Fiction
Synopsis: "When Ellie and her friends go camping, they have no idea they're leaving their old lives behind forever. Despite a less-than-tragic food shortage and a secret crush or two, everything goes as planned. But a week later, they return home to find their houses empty and their pets starving. Something has gone wrong--horribly wrong. Before long, they realize the country has been invaded, and the entire town has been captured--including their families and all their friends. Ellie and the other survivors face an impossible decision: They can flee for the mountains or surrender. Or they can fight."

Tomorrow, When the War Began1 was simply gripping. I could hardly put it down, as I wondered what would happen to Ellie and her friends. John  Marsden did an excellent job on writing this highly thrilling book.
The scary part about this book was how the characters had been talking about how easy it would be for the country to be invaded during the fair, when every one would be on the showgrounds. Then they come back and their families are gond and the animals are all dead or dying.
A great thing about Tomorrow, When the War Began is how the characters aren't all brave and macho; they're scared out of their wits and just trying to survive this ordeal, while trying ot help their families and each other.
I actually liked every part of Tomorrow, When the War Began and wouldn't change a single thing about it. It had plenty of action, the characters were believable, and the plot was highly interesting.
In short I would definitely recommend this book. Although, I wouldn't recommend reading it if you're under 14 yearsz old. :)

Tomorrow, When the War Began earns 5 out of 5 pineapples (my pineapples pictures got erased, so no pic of them today2).

Orchid
___________________________________________________________________________________
1. I borrowed Tomorrow, When the War Began from my library.
2. I'm really bummed that my pics got erased, I worked so hard editing them online.

Comments

  1. I am not familiar with this author but the premise is great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts