In My Mailbox (16)

In My Mailbox was started by The Story Siren and inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie. Sadly the only books I order are those that are hard to find. The following books are from the library and bookstores.

Library:
Author: Lian Hearn
Series: Tales of the Otori (book 2)
Publication Date: 2003
Synopsis: "The spellbinding second installment of the internationally bestselling Tales of the Otori trilogy transports readers back to a mythical, medieval Japan in a story of clashing powers, divided loyalties, and passionate love."

After reading Across the Nightingale Floor I couldn't wait to get my hands on the next book in the Tales of the Otori series, so when I saw it at my library I just had to have it.


Series: Montmorency (book 1)
Publication Date: 2004
Synopsis: "When a petty thief falls through a glass roof while fleeing from the police, it should have been the death of him. Instead, it marks the beginning of a whole new life. Soon he has become the most successful -- and elusive -- burglar in Victorian London, plotting daring raids and using London's new sewer system to escape. He adopts a dual existence to fit his new lifestyle, taking on the roles of a respectable, wealthy gentleman named Montmorency and his corrupt servant, Scarper."

Montmorency: Thief, Liar, Gentleman? sounded interesting, so I added it to my list of books to borrow. And so far it's really good. Too bad my library doesn't have the rest of the series.

Author: Carolyn Meyer
Publication Date: 1984
Synopsis: "Sixteen-year-old Texas, in order to keep the ranch left to her by her grandfather, sells some acreage to a movie company as a location for western films, and finds herself becoming involved with a young actor."

I was so excited when I saw The Luck of Texas McCoy on my libraries website. Especially since I haven't read this book in a few years and can't find a copy of it anywhere. Speaking of not being able to find it, I cannot find a picture of the cover anywhere.
I already finished re-reading The Luck of Texas McCoy. I'd tell you what I thought about it, but you'll just have to wait for my review of it. Which will be out tomorrow.

Well that's all for me this week in books. Can't wait to see what ya'll got this week.

Orchid

Comments

  1. Nice books, I think I'm gonna check out the first one! I love anything with Asian culture :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great books!! Happy reading! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great books you got this week. They all look really good. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice stash! The first looks very good!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts