26 Capes Later: Day Twenty

Movie: Iron Man
Release Date: 2008
Runtime: 126 minutes
Rating: PG-13
Genre: Action
Synopsis: "From Marvel Studios and Paramount Pictures comes Iron Man, an action-packed take on the tale of wealthy philanthropist Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.), who develops an invulnerable robotic suit to fight the throes of evil. In addition to being filthy rich, billionaire industrialist Tony Stark is also a genius inventor. When Stark is kidnapped and forced to build a diabolical weapon, he instead uses his intelligence and ingenuity to construct an indestructible suit of armor and escape his captors. Once free, Stark discovers a deadly conspiracy that could destabilize the entire globe, and dons his powerful new suit on a mission to stop the villains and save the world. Gwyneth Paltrow co-stars as his secretary, Virginia "Pepper" Potts, while Terrence Howard fills the role of Jim "Rhodey" Rhodes, one of Stark's colleagues, whose military background leads him to help in the formation of the suit. Jon Favreau directs, with Marvel movie veterans Avi Arad and Kevin Feige producing."

Iron Man the movie is awesome beyond words. His suit of armor is incredible, the acting was good, and the effects were really, really good.

This was actually one of the best superhero movies I have ever seen (and I have seen a lot of them). It is surprising how much I love this movie considering that I really don't like Tony Stark/Iron Man as a character.
I think my favorite scene is the one when he's testing out bits of the armor and his little robot keeps spraying him with the fire-extinguisher.
Do I have a least favorite scene? No, no I don't.
Am I excited about a sequel to Iron Man? How can I not be, when the first one was so good!
Dame Orchid

Comments

  1. This is my fave live action hero flick. I love Robert Downey Jr. is the perfect Iron Man. I can't wait for the sequel!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts