CMA Awards

As most country music fans know, this upcoming Wednesday is the 42nd annual CMA awards show. I personally have my favorites who I hope will dominate the show, and those who I hope (as bad as it sounds) go home empty handed. Without further ado, I give you this year's list of nominees.
Musician of the Year:
Jerry Douglas
Paul Franklin
Dann Huff
Brent Mason
Mac McAnally
Music Video of the Year:
"Don't Blink" by Kenny Chesney.
"Good Time" by Alan Jackson.
"Stay" by Sugarland.
"Waiting on a Woman" by Brad Paisley.
"You're Gonna Miss This" by Trace Adkins.
Musical Event of the Year:
"Another Try" Josh Turner featuring Trisha Yearwood.
"Every Other Weekend" Reba McEntire and Kenny Chesney.
"Gone, Gone, Gone" Alison Krauss and Robert Plant.
"Life in a Northern Town" Sugarland, Little Big Town, and Jake Owen.
"Shiftwork" Kenny Chesney, and George Strait.
Song of the Year:
"Good Time" Alan Jackson.
"I Saw God Today" Rodney Clawson, Monty Criswell, and Wade Kirby.
"Letter to Me" Brad Paisley.
"Stay" Jennifer Nettles.
"You're Gonna Miss This" Ashley Gorley, and Lee Thomas Miller.
Album of the Year:
"Carnival Ride" Carrie Underwood (she so does NOT deserve to win)
"Cowboy Town" Brooks and Dunn (maybe)
"Good Time" Alan Jackson (I like Alan Jackson)
"Just Who I am: Poets and Pirates" Kenny Chesney (I love the song "Better as a Memory)
"Troubadour" George Strait (I love George Strait, everything he does is simply amazing)
Single of the Year:
"Don't Blink" Kenny Chesney.
"Gunpowder and Lead" Miranda Lambert (definitely one of her best songs)
"I Saw God Today" George Strait (one of my all time favorites)
"Stay" Sugarland.
"You're Gonna Miss This" Trace Adkins (this song was a bit over played)
Vocal Duo of the Year:
Big & Rich (I don't really care for their music)
Brooks and Dunn (Could their reign be over?)
Montgomery Gentry
Sugarland (their kind of weird)
The Wreckers (the one album wonders)
Vocal Group of the Year:
Eagles (I love their song "Busy Being Fabulous")
Emerson Drive (everyone should buy their CDs, they are one of the best bands out there today)
Lady Antebellum (Lady A, has a very bright future)
Little Big Town (LBT have some of the best vocals, and they harmonize so well with each other)
Rascal Flatts (oh god, I'm so torn. I like all of these groups)
New Artist of the Year (formerly the Horizon Award):
Jason Aldean (great songs from "Hicktown" to " Do You Wish it Was Me?")
Rodney Atkins (I recommend listening to "Cleaning This Gun" it's so funny)
Lady Antebellum (I already love this group)
James Otto (couldn't care less about him)
Kellie Pickler (her latest single "Don't You Know You're Beautiful" sends out a great message)
Female Vocalist of the Year:
Allison Krauss (it be would nice if she won)
Miranda Lambert (out of most of the newer singers, she's one of my favorites)
Martina McBride (she has in my opinion, one of the best voices in the business)
Taylor Swift (while she may be a nice enough girl, I don't like her music nor do I want her to win)
Carrie Underwood (DIVA, DIVA, DIVA,what more is there to say other than she's my least favorite)
Male Vocalist of the Year:
Kenny Chesney (spends maybe to much time at the beach)
Alan Jackson (now his music still sounds like it's country)
Brad Paisley (some of his songs are just so funny, like "Mr. Policeman")
George Strait (should win everything he's nominated for)
Keith Urban (wow, this is the first time I've mentioned him in this post)
Entertainer of the Year:
Kenny Chesney (I want someone else to win)
Brad Paisley (while I think it would be nice if he won, I'm not rooting for him)
Sugarland (go away, you're to new to be here)
Keith Urban (sorry, don't want you to win this year either)
George Strait (now this is who I really, really want to win. He deserves to win Entertainer of the Year)
I hope everyone enjoyed reading this, as much as I enjoyed writing it. Feel free to let me know if I have dismissed your favorite artist, as nothing more than a "pretty" face. :)
(Disclaimer) All opinions are those of writer Dame Orchid, you are free (not) to root for whomsoever you choose.

Comments

  1. I'm not a big fan of country music... actually, I'm not a fan at all.
    But I hope the people you're rooting for win. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts