Musings of a Non Twilighter

First off I am tired of all the hype surrounding the "Twilight" books and movie, not to mention the fact that just about EVERY comment section and message board that I read is cluttered with ramblings about "Twilight". Twilighter's even talk about the series on other author's blogs, when the post has absolutely nothing to do with the book at all. I have toyed with reading "Twilight" off and on since it originally came out (I'd pick it up at Barnes and Noble then immediately change my mind.)

I would like to dedicate this post to those who either didn't like the "Twilight" series, or have never read (and don't plan) on reading it.

For those of you who are not reading the "Twilight" series I suggest looking into some REAL vampire books such as:
"Interview With the Vampire" by Anne Rice
"Shattered Mirror" by Amelia Atwater Rhodes (The whole Den of Shadow series is one of my favorites.)
"Bloodline" and "Reckoning" by Kate Cary
While this book is not vampire (because it's about zombies)related "Generation Dead" by Daniel Water, is definitely worth reading.
But if you're looking for a truly great read try "Dracula" by Bram Stoker


While Stephanie Meyer's book may turn out to be a decent read, I think I'll hold off on it for awhile(like till the excitement dies down! way down.)
P.S.
"Harry Potter" annihilated "Twilight".
Final score Harry Potter 75% Twilight 25%.

Comments

  1. Stephanie Meyer's Twilight is like...Cheetos. You know they're bad for you, you know they're getting you all covered in orange and making you look stupid, but you can't stop eating the damn things.
    That's just my impression.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sick of Twilight too. And I agree that Twilight isn't a REAL vampire book.
    I plan on avoiding the books and the movie like the plague.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts