Spinning Pages (48): Siege


Oftentimes, while I'm reading a song will pop into my head because the book makes me think of it; sometimes the reverse happens and a random song will make me think of a book I have readSpinning Pages is a combination of my love for books and music. More often than not, the inspiration for these posts strikes while I have music thumping in my ears while exercising (kind of like how this feature came to be). 


This week on Spinning Pages take us straight to British occupied Boston in the summer of 1775 as the Geroge Washington's troops aim to break through their forces. Keep reading to see this week's pairing!!


The Battle of New Orleans by Johnny Horton-

Fired our guns and the British kept a-comin'
There wasn't nigh as many as there was a while ago
We fired once more and they began to runnin'

On down the Mississippi to the Gulf of Mexico






Bet you thought I was joking when I said that I know a lot of songs. I wasn't. 

Okay, so it is really obvious why I would choose this song for Roxanne Orgill's Siege, right. There really is not a more perfect song for that book, and the lyrics I chose capture the feel of this verse novel. 

You can see my full thoughts on Siege by Roxanne Orgill by checking out my review. 

Since you most likely are not familiar with Johnny Horton's The Battle of New Orleans, you can listen to it below. 

Comments

Popular Posts