Spinning Pages (42): The Crowns of Croswald


Oftentimes, while I'm reading a song will pop into my head because the book makes me think of it; sometimes the reverse happens and a random song will make me think of a book I have readSpinning Pages is a combination of my love for books and music. More often than not, the inspiration for these posts strikes while I have music thumping in my ears while exercising (kind of like how this feature came to be). 





This week on Spinning Pages take us to the world of Croswald and its hidden world of magic and mystery. Keep reading to see this week's song and lyric selection!!


Wide Open Spaces by Dixie Chicks-

Who doesn't know what I'm talking about
Who's never left home, who's never struck out
To find a dream and a life of their own
A place in the clouds, a foundation of stone

Many precede and many will follow
A young girl's dreams no longer hollow
It takes the shape of a place out west
But what it holds for her, she hasn't yet guessed







I have been contemplating which song would be best fit The Crowns of Croswald, and the song that came to mind, before any other, was the Dixie Chicks' Wide Open Spaces as it made me think of Ivy and how her world suddenly exploded with new potential as she was forced to live the only place she knew. 
To me, these lyrics perfectly capture that feeling. I also really like this song, too. 

You can see my full thoughts on The Crowns of Croswald by checking out my review.

Don't forget to give the song a listen!!

Comments

Popular Posts