Spinning Pages (41): The World's Greatest Detective


Oftentimes, while I'm reading a song will pop into my head because the book makes me think of it; sometimes the reverse happens and a random song will make me think of a book I have readSpinning Pages is a combination of my love for books and music. More often than not, the inspiration for these posts strikes while I have music thumping in my ears while exercising (kind of like how this feature came to be). 





This week on Spinning Pages to us deep into a contest to determine the world's greatest detective where things go from bad to worse as the game takes a deadly turn. 

So many songs to choose from, yet the one I'm going with this week is....

Chase Me by Dreamcatcher-
The quiet world is going to get a lot of noise
Can you stop it? Can you?
Bang

Chase me, catch me if you can
It was really close (dangerous)
But, I already left there
(Where will I go this time?)
Chase me, yes, find me
No one can stop me
So that you can’t catch me anymore
I’ll secretly hide in another dream
(English translation taken from ColorCodedLyrics)
There were a few different (vastly different) songs that I had in mind when putting this post together; any of which could have worked well with Caroline Carlson's newest MG book. Yet, it was the above lyrics from Dreamcatchers Chase Me that made me choose it above the rest.

I really liked the way the lyrics reminded me of Toby and the darkness that has followed him since his parents went missing. It also reminds me how Ivy turned his already crazy world upside down with her antics. I guess you could say that when it came down to it, this, in my opinion, was the only song that would work for The World's Greatest Detective

You can see my full thoughts on Caroline Carlson's The World's Greatest Detective by checking out my review!

Don't forget to give Dreamcatcher's Chase Me a listen. The music video's pretty awesome, so you should definitely watch it, as well!!!

Comments

Popular Posts