Spinning Pages (38): Polly and Her Duck Costume

Oftentimes, while I'm reading a song will pop into my head because the book makes me think of it; sometimes the reverse happens and a random song will make me think of a book I have readSpinning Pages is a combination of my love for books and music. More often than not, the inspiration for these posts strikes while I have music thumping in my ears while exercising (kind of like how this feature came to be). 




This week on Spinning Pages takes into the life of Polly a blind goat, and her story of adoption and how wearing her duck costume helped her to gain confidence in her new surroundings. 

Keep reading to see what song will be paired with Polly and Her Duck Costume by Leanne Lauricella and illustrated by Jill Howarth. 

Tilt My Head by Girl's Day-
My heart is beating fast
what should I do, will you hug me.
I must be crazy, I am I being like this
Anyways today is Girl’s Day party





I'll keep this short, I promise! I chose Girl's Day's Tilt My Head, and the above lyrics, because it made me think of Polly and how insecure she was when she was first taken to her new home. To me, it really captures that unsure feeling that made her clingy; yet it also has the feel of knowing that this time is different, you know.

I just really like this song and book together. 

You can see my thoughts on Polly and Her Duck Costume by Leanne Lauricella (with illustrations by Jill Howarth) by checking out my review.

Not familiar with this old Girl's Day song, then you're in luck as you can watch the full music video below!! Tell me your thoughts on Tilt My Head!!

Comments

Popular Posts