I Want to Reads It (82): The Count of Monte Cristo



I Want to Read It, a hybrid between WLW (or WOW) and what's on my to-be-read pile. Well, instead of focusing just on books I would like to acquire, I will be using it to feature books that I just want to read. From the ones, I want to buy to the one's sitting on my TBR at home.



The Count of Monte Cristo: Manga Classic by Alexandre Dumas, adapted by Cyrstal S. Chan with artwork by Nokman Poon, April 1, 2017. Published by Udon Entertainment. 
A Conspiracy and a miscarriage of justice turn the gentle Edmond Dantès into an implacable agent of fate: The Count of Monte Cristo . Obsessed by vengeance and empowered by providence, the Count avenges himself on whose who have wronged him - but is this justice, or is this hubris? In the end, does even the Count know?

Alexandre Dumas' skillful narrative combines intrigue, betrayal, and triumphant revenge into a powerful conflict between good and evil. Now this exciting saga, rich and diverse, takes on an entirely new life in this Manga Classics adaptation!
Why

The Count of Monte Cristo is one of my all-time, if not absolute, favorite classic books!! So, when I discovered that there was a manga adaptation of it, well, then I knew that I would want (no need) to read it one day!! I just cannot wait to see how it reads as a manga!! That and the visuals!! I'm getting excited just thinking about it....and thinking that a reread of the actual book is way overdue!! 

Comments

Popular Posts