Spinning Pages (37): Sense and Sensibility


Oftentimes, while I'm reading a song will pop into my head because the book makes me think of it; sometimes the reverse happens and a random song will make me think of a book I have readSpinning Pages is a combination of my love for books and music. More often than not, the inspiration for these posts strikes while I have music thumping in my ears while exercising (kind of like how this feature came to be). 




This week on Spinning Pages takes us to Jane Austen's Sense and Sensibility where the Dashwood family has lost their home and livelihood. 

Please enjoy this week's book and song pairing!!

Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen-
So you think you can stone me and spit in my eye?
So you think you can love me and leave me to die?
Oh, baby, can't do this to me, baby!
Just gotta get out, just gotta get right outta here!






Considering the situation the Dashwood women find themselves in and their less than great luck with love, for most of the book, the above lyrics are perfect. Most of the time, the songs, and lyrics I choose seem really weird, yet as I was working on my review of this book, this was the song that popped into my head. I could totally see Marianne in this song!! 

You can see my thoughts on the manga adaptation of Jane Austen's Sense and Sensibility by checking out my review!!

You can watch the official music video for Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody below!!

Comments

Popular Posts