Spinning Pages (36): Manners and Mutiny


Oftentimes, while I'm reading a song will pop into my head because the book makes me think of it; sometimes the reverse happens and a random song will make me think of a book I have readSpinning Pages is a combination of my love for books and music. More often than not, the inspiration for these posts strikes while I have music thumping in my ears while exercising (kind of like how this feature came to be). 




This week on Spinning Pages takes us to the final showdown between Madame Geraldine's girls and the Picklemen, and a slew of other adversaries. With things heating up in the final showdown, and the number of people to trust quickly dwindling, Sophronia will make a last stand and make her choices that will shape the rest of her life.

I do believe that y'all will like this week's song!!

Heartbreaker by G-Dragon-
I don’t give in no matter what
I’m still useful, I haven’t died yet
Only you caused this damaged body,
broken dreams, missing heart
If it’s for you, this one body will fly for;
It will run to where you are
But still you say “goodbye, goodbye” to me

(English translation from Color Coded Lyrics)

After the previous books as well as the events leading up to the final showdown in Manners and Mutiny, that the above lyrics really worked for me with all that happened to Sophronia. The girl has been through so much and yet doesn't give up. I cannot really explain fully my choice of these lyrics and the song, yet, it just works for me. 

You can read my full thoughts on Manners and Mutiny by checking out my review

Not familiar with G-Dragon's Heartbreaker, then check out the music video for it below!!

Comments

Popular Posts