Spinning Pages (16): Rebel Belle/Hurricane Venus


Oftentimes, while I'm reading a song will pop into my head because the book makes me think of it; sometimes the reverse happens and a random song will make me think of a book I have readSpinning Pages is a combination of my love for books and music. More often than not, the inspiration for these posts strikes while I have music thumping in my ears while exercising (kind of like how this feature came to be). 


While the following song may not be an all-time favorite from BoA, nor one I listen to often, it just popped into my head while I was working on a previous edition of Spinning Pages. After I was finally able to find the lyrics translated into English, I could not think of a more fitting song, except for maybe a country song or two, that would work so well for Rebel Belle!!

Hurricane Venus by BoA-
Oh, oh, oh, oh, Hurricane Oh, oh, oh, Venus
Oh, oh, oh, oh Hurricane Oh, oh, oh, Venus

If you provoke me, I’ll definitely devour you
As if hit by a huge raging storm, you can’t breath, without rest
Oh, my secret alone that drags you
Electronic, manic, supersonic, bionic energy

The uneasy whirlpools are born in there
The strong shock that was veiled reach
for you
Oh, oh, electronic, manic, supersonic, bionic energy
Hurricane Venus is for Harper (watch the video as it reminds me of the book)!! Why, because she chases perfection and, once she accepts her role as Paladin and even before, she was pretty fierce.

Want to find out why I enjoyed Rachel Hawkins' Rebel Belle so much, then be sure to check out my review (and, you know, add it to your TBR if you have yet to read it)!!

Don't forget to listen to BoA's Hurricane Venus and watch the video. It's a little odd, but the costume changes are fascinating throughout the entire video.


Comments

Popular Posts