Spinning Pages (17): The Hate U Give/Unbreakable


Oftentimes, while I'm reading a song will pop into my head because the book makes me think of it; sometimes the reverse happens and a random song will make me think of a book I have readSpinning Pages is a combination of my love for books and music. More often than not, inspiration for these posts strikes while I have music thumping in my ears while exercising (kind of like how this feature came to be). 



Originally, I was not going to include The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas on Spinning Pages. Simply because there was not a single song that was "speaking" to me in terms of this book. Fast forward, from April to late Thursday night, of this week, when I had the library of music, on my computer, set to shuffle and this one song came on that made me think of Starr (and her family).


Unbreakable by B.A.P
I won’t ever break 
I won’t ever fall down 
Even if the story tries to swallow me
I’m unbreakable
Even if I die, I won’t break 
Even if I die, I won’t give up 
Even if my wings are trampled in the darkness
U know? I’m unbreakable
(English lyrics from Color Coded Lyrics)

B.A.P's Unbreakable is one of my absolute favorite songs of theirs; especially on those days where you have to dig out every last piece of fortitude to finish your run.

If you haven't already guessed by the lyrics I chose from the song, then you are probably wondering why this particular song brought to my mind Starr and her family. Well, it is rather simple. Even though there were times when she felt lost and like giving up, during the aftermath of what happened,  to me, she and her family came out stronger for all they went through. I may not have loved Angie Thomas' The Hate U Give, but I did quite enjoy how supportive her family was of her.

You can see my full thoughts on The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas by checking out my review.

Don't forget to give the full song a listen!!

           

Comments

Popular Posts