Spinning Pages (15): Nimona/ Bad Girl, Good Girl


Oftentimes, while I'm reading a song will pop into my head because the book makes me think of it; sometimes the reverse happens and a random song will make me think of a book I have readSpinning Pages is a combination of my love for books and music. More often than not, the inspiration for these posts strikes while I have music thumping in my ears while exercising (kind of like how this feature came to be). 



I had not fully decided to feature Nimona on Spinning Pages, that is until I was writing out my thoughts on it. I was half-way through my review when one of Miss A's songs popped into my head, and it just felt oh so right!! Keep reading to see a) which of Miss A's songs and b) the lyrics from, said song, that I chose this week!!!

Bad Girl, Good Girl by Miss A-
Hello, Hello, Hello.
It seems like the first time, time, time you’ve seen a girl like me.
Why do you judge me?
Are you afraid of me, perhaps?

On the outside, I’m a Bad Girl.
On the inside, I’m a Good Girl.
You don’t even know me well, you only look at me from the outside.
I find your gaze to be funny because you see me as a pitiful girl.


Miss A's Bad Girl, Good Girl is for Nimona, now just the book but more precisely the character. Yes, she was dangerous and bloodthirsty but there was also so much more to her story. Did she have evil tendencies, yes, but she, in an odd way, was/had the potential to be good. Plus I just like this song and the lyrics, I, included made me think of her, Nimona, and the overall book.

Curious to see what I thought about Nimona by Noelle Stevenson, then be sure to check out my review.

You can listen to Miss A's Bad Girl, Good Girl below!!!

          

Comments

Popular Posts