I Want to Read It (22): A Shadow Bright and Burning



I Want to Read It, a hybrid between WLW (or WOW) and what's on my to-be read pile. Well, instead of focusing just on books I would like to acquire, I will be using it to feature books that I just want to read. From the one's I want to buy to the one's sitting on my TBR at home.

A Shadow Bright and Burning (Kingdom on Fire, 1) by Jessica Cluess, September 20, 2016. Published by Random House BFYR. Source: Wishlist.
I am Henrietta Howel. The first female sorcerer. The prophesied one. Or am I?

Henrietta Howel can burst into flames. When she's brought to London to train with Her Majesty's sorcerers, she meets her fellow sorcerer trainees, young men eager to test her powers and her heart. One will challenge her. One will fight for her. One will betray her. As Henrietta discovers the secrets hiding behind the glamour of sorcerer life, she begins to doubt that she's the true prophesied one. With battle looming, how much will she risk to save the city—and the one she loves?
Why: So, this one sounds quite promising!! Right!! I'm really excited to see how the historical elements and magic will be mixed together in Jessica Cluess' A Shadow Bright and Burning. It just sounds like such a promising read that I cannot help but be excited to read it when it comes out.

Comments

  1. I LOVE the idea for this book, and I've had it on my TBR for a little while. I cannot wait to read it!
    -Amy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts