I Want to Read It (19): Stalking Jack the Ripper



I Want to Read It, a hybrid between WLW (or WOW) and what's on my to-be read pile. Well, instead of focusing just on books I would like to acquire, I will be using it to feature books that I just want to read. From the one's I want to buy to the one's sitting on my TBR at home.


Stalking Jack the Ripper (untitled trilogy, book one) by Kerri Maniscalco, September 20, 2016. Published by Jimmy Patterson. Source: Wish List.
Seventeen-year-old Audrey Rose Wadsworth was born a lord's daughter, with a life of wealth and privilege stretched out before her. But between the social teas and silk dress fittings, she leads a forbidden secret life.
Against her stern father's wishes and society's expectations, Audrey often slips away to her uncle's laboratory to study the gruesome practice of forensic medicine. When her work on a string of savagely killed corpses drags Audrey into the investigation of a serial murderer, her search for answers brings her close to her own sheltered world.

Why: Okay, so the premise sounds really interesting because, you know, Jack the Ripper. I'm really curious to see how Kerri Maniscalco will work that angle into her book and how Audrey will handle the investigation. 

The only thing that worries me is the whole "presented by James Patterson" thing. I'll definitely be giving this book a chance, though I'm still on the fence because of Patterson. I know strange thing to be hung-up on but that's how it is.

Comments

  1. Wooow. Sounds really good.
    Addicted i think 😉

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts