I Want to Read it (21): Curtsies and Conspiracies



I Want to Read It, a hybrid between WLW (or WOW) and what's on my to-be read pile. Well, instead of focusing just on books I would like to acquire, I will be using it to feature books that I just want to read. From the one's I want to buy to the one's sitting on my TBR at home.


Curtsies and Conspiracies (Finishing School, 2) by Gail Carriger, November 13, 2013. Published by Hatchette Little, Brown and Co. Source: Wishlist.
Sophronia's first year at Mademoiselle Geraldine's Finishing Academy for Young Ladies of Quality has certainly been rousing! For one thing, finishing school is training her to be a spy--won't Mumsy be surprised? Furthermore, Sophronia got mixed up in an intrigue over a stolen device and had a cheese pie thrown at her in a most horrid display of poor manners.

Now, as she sneaks around the dirigible school, eavesdropping on the teachers' quarters and making clandestine climbs to the ship's boiler room, she learns that there may be more to a field trip to London than is apparent at first. A conspiracy is afoot--one with dire implications for both supernaturals and humans. Sophronia must rely on her training to discover who is behind the dangerous plot-and survive the London Season with a full dance card.
Why: Because after finally reading Etiquette and Espionage last month I want to know what else Sophronia will learn whilst at the finishing school. I really liked book one and am intrigued enough to feel confident on adding the next volume to my wishlist.

Seriously though, if Gail Carriger writes more young adult novels, and if we're lucky middle grade, I would be clamoring to read them. While I haven't read her adult books, I was quite satisfied with the first Finishing School book; which happened to be my first Gail Carriger read, too. 

Comments

Popular Posts