I Want to Read It (15): Etiquette and Espionage


I Want to Read It, a hybrid between WLW (or WOW) and what's on my to-be read pile. Well, instead of focusing just on books I would like to acquire, I will be using it to feature books that I just want to read. From the one's I want to buy to the one's sitting on my TBR at home.


Etiquette and Espionage (Finishing School, 1) by Gail Carriger, February 5, 2013. Published by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers. Source: Own/TBR
Fourteen-year-old Sophronia is a great trial to her poor mother. Sophronia is more interested in dismantling clocks and climbing trees than proper manners--and the family can only hope that company never sees her atrocious curtsy. Mrs. Temminnick is desperate for her daughter to become a proper lady. So she enrolls Sophronia in Mademoiselle Geraldine's Finishing Academy for Young Ladies of Quality.
But Sophronia soon realizes the school is not quite what her mother might have hoped. At Mademoiselle Geraldine's, young ladies learn to finish...everything. Certainly, they learn the fine arts of dance, dress, and etiquette, but they also learn to deal out death, diversion, and espionage--in the politest possible ways, of course. Sophronia and her friends are in for a rousing first year's education.
Why: I know I'm behind the game with this one, but my sister read the entire series this year and it looked interesting. And I just so happen to (now) own book one; so I'm thinking I should read my first Gail Carriger book. 

It just looks fascinating with the finishing school and spying. Yeah, you can say that I'm intrigued and willing to give it a chance!! I will start it with bated breath in hopes that it will be everything I'm hoping it'll be.

Comments

  1. Sounds like a great setting for a book series. I'm curious to see your review.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts