On My Mind (9): May is All Wrap(ped)-Up




So, the last couple of months have been hectic and stressful, with one of my dogs recovering from a
double surgery, me recovering from a partial tear in my quadriceps tendon, and a few other fiascoes. Yet, even with all the mishaps and back-steps of May, I, at the very least, could see the sun starting to peep around the dark clouds.

Dog is healed. Just waiting for his hair to completely grow back in the section they had to shave. Dog and I were not the only one's to find ourselves needing to mend. One of my sisters did a grade 2 sprain on her bad ankle, wait for it, playing soccer; and mom broke two fingers in the dog leash.

Seriously though, things are starting to return to normal around here. Which means that I am finally catching up on emails and blog posts.

Alright, enough recapping the mishaps! Let's talk about books, anime, and crafting!!


I may not have read a ton of books last month, but the one's I did read were really, really enjoyable. Which in my book is better than a bunch of 'meh' to 'okay' reads! Right?!?!

My book motto on the year is: Quality over quantity!

My reading time has vastly shrunk this year, which makes me incredibly sad; so if it's not catching and keeping my interest I move on. I just don't want to waste valuable reading time on something I'm not enjoying, you know!


What I Read
  • The Lilies of the Field by William Edmund Barrett (review scheduled)
  • Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater (my review)
  • Characters of the Inquisition by William Thomas Walsh (review coming)
  • Lily of the Mowhawks: The Story of St. Kateri by Emily Cavins (my review)
  • The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater (review scheduled) 
  • Maid-Sama, vol 1 by Hiro Fujiwara (to-be reviewed)
  • Maid-Sama, vol 2 by Hiro Fujiwara (to-be reviewed)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, vol 6 by Bisco Hatori

Don't make me choose a favorite! They were all incredible in their own way! Though if I had to choose my top three they would be- Characters of the Inquisition, Blue Lily, Lily Blue, and Maid-Sama...for first time reads!! Top three aside, they were all great books and were worth sneaking pages in any spare moment I could find for reading.

What I Reviewed



I admit it, there were nights, many of them, where I was so tired that all I did was watch anime while unwinding. Which means I finally got around to watching all the shows that my sister wanted me to watch, as well, as finishing some that I had fallen behind on.


What I Watched
Now that I think of it, all but two of those anime shows were one's that my sister wanted me to watch...make that three. Guys, you really need to watch Plastic Memories, Blue Spring Ride, and Wake Up, Girls!! SO MANY FEELS!! *hoards all the slice of life anime*

Finally, I'm slowly, and I mean slowly, beginning to put together what I'll need for my next cosplay. The hardest part is going to be the wig, well that and shoes. I'm keeping mum on what character I'm working on. Though it is not from any of the shows I mentioned above; I'll tell y'all at some point. Right now, I am just focusing on planning.

I have officially run out of things to say. Tell me about your May. Did you read anything incredible? I want to know what is going on in your world!!!

Comments

Popular Posts