All About Middle Grade Review: The Real Princess Diaries


The Real Princess Diaries by Grace Norwich, August 25, 2015. 96 pages. Published by Scholastic. Source: ARC from publisher.
This inside look at real-life princesses will explore the true and often inspiring stories behind happily ever after.

A deep dive into the royal world of a princess! Featuring princesses from around the world and all of time. The Real Princess Diaries explores everything it means to be royal. Each spread includes portraits of the princesses, in-depth bios, crowning achievements, and family trees. Learn which princesses have official royal duties, and which ones simply reign. Plus bonus sidebars about ladies in waiting, the crowned jewels, royal outfits, and princes, this will be the definitive royal guide. Full-color photos, with a modern layout make this a must read for princess fans everywhere. 


For being a book about real princesses, I was quite surprised by how much I enjoyed it. I was prepared for the worst when it came to this book. You know, like glossing over the bad and just making it all "glitz and glam" with no depth...

I can honestly say that The Real Princess Diaries was nothing like I expected it to be. It was entertaining and I enjoyed reading about each of the princesses throughout history; the mix of historical princesses with modern ones made it all the more interesting.

The entire book reads like a short, yet entertaining glimpse into not only history but the life of princesses around the world and throughout time.

Highlights of The Real Princess Diaries
  • All the pretty, pretty full color photos. There are so many pictures contained within this book. One's that show their story from when they were younger till now. Personally, I really enjoyed the more historical ones.
  • The concise write-up about each of them. I liked that it hit the big moments for each of them without getting bogged down. I felt that you really got to know what made them tick in that short span. 
  • I really enjoyed the diversity of the princesses that were featured in The Real Princess Diaries. It was nice to see and read about all these princesses from all over the world. One think you'll definitely learn from this book-It is not easy being royalty. 
Even though this is rather short, I am out of words for The Real Princess Diaries

Final Verdict: The Real Princess Diaries- A fun book about the real princesses throughout the world. 

The Real Princess Diaries earns
An ARC of this book was received from the publisher in consideration for review. All thoughts are my own.

Comments

  1. Oh! I haven't heard of this book, but I think I'd end up liking it. I love reading real stories, and I love learning about real princesses. Plus I think it would be a great book just to have around, especially for teaching. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erin, I do think it would be a great not only to have around but also for teaching!! I was actually surprised by how much I enjoyed it (even one of my sisters, who's a picky reader, enjoyed it quite a bit).

      Thanks so much for stopping by!! =)

      Delete

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts