Teaser Tuesday (67) Inheritance Cycle Edition

Teaser Tuesdays is hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. To participate, simply do the following: Grab your current read Open to a random page Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
Just because I felt like it, this weeks teasers will be taken from Eragon, Eldest, and Brisingr by Christopher Paolini. Since I can think of many teasers from each book, I may just put at least two from each (or as is more likely to happen, I'll go teaser crazy).

I hope ya'll will enjoy the teasers that have I selected from each book. =)

Eragon by Christopher Paolini:
"Don't insult me," Eragon muttered, "The only reason I'm free is because of you. I'm not going to abandon you to the empire, Poor thanks that would be!"
     Murtagh bowed his head. "Your words hearten me." page 317
Remember what you said in the Spine? How you reminded me of my duty as a dragon, and I returned with you despite the urging of my instinct? So, too, must you control yourself. page 92.
Eldest by Christopher Paolini:
"I don't think," said Baldor, "that the Ra'zac are human. You've never seen them up close, but their breath is foul, and they always cover their faces with black scarves, Their backs are humped and twisted, and they speak to each other with clicks. Even their men seem to fear them." page 86-87
"You betrayed us! I was mourning you, and you betrayed us!"
"I had no choice." page 647
Eragon, he thought. Eragon! BY the blood I've spilled and the gore on my hands, I swear upon my father's grave I'll have you atone for what you've done by storming Helgrind with me. If you created this mess, then I'll have you clean it up. page 499
Brisingr by Christopher Paolini:
"My answer would have been the same then as it is now: trickery is dishonerable. I had to win the trial without deceit so no one can question my leadership in the future. pagr 109
How many soliers were left, it was impossible to tell in the throng of flailing bodies, but Roran couls see that they still outnumbered the scant twenty-five or so of the remaining Varden. They could tear us to pieces with their bare hands while we try to hack them apart, he realized. page 430
There is a shadow in the world, she thought. That is what has upset me. Something is wrong with Eragon. He is in danger, or he was in danger recently. And I cannot help him. page 459

Comments

Popular Posts