Fullmetal Alchemist 3

Fullmetal Alchemist 3 by Hiromu Arakawa, 2005. 192 pages. Published by Viz Media. Source: Borrowed.
Accompanied by their bodyguard, Alex Louis Armstrong, our heroes seek out their closest childhood friend, mechanic Winry Rockbell, to fix their battered "auto-mail" bodyparts. Soon their quest for the Philosopher's Stone takes them to the great central library, where the Stone's formula may be hidden...if the mysterious figure named Lust doesn't get there first! But the secret of the Philosopher's Stone may be even more frightening than the beings who guard it...
First Sentence:

There, all done.

Story: Volume three of Fullmetal Alchemist was slower then the previous volumes, but riveting nonetheless as you found at more about Ed and Al's past with the introduction of Winry (she may have made an unofficial appearance in a previous volume as well).

The best scene in volume three- at least I am pretty sure it's this volume- would have to be when Ed and Roy square off to see who is more powerful. The reason I picked this as my favorite part is because it is absolute fun to see the two of them go toe-to-toe; and the destruction they caused (thankfully they weren't near any thing).
I also liked that with this volume you had things getting back on track to the main storyline of the series- Ed and Al's search to find the Philosopher's Stone and returning their bodies to normal. I was actually starting to wonder when things would get back on track, so it was nice to see things begin to move forward once more.
Character(s):
I liked how in this volume you got to see beneath the shell of bravado that Ed always wears. It definitely helped to make him even more likable then previous volumes. One of the things that makes him such a fascinating character, for me, to read about is that while he make act like nothing gets to him, he is actually probably one of the most caring characters in the series. Now, that's not to say that he isn't tough; but I love the fact that he cares so much about his brother and friends.

Al, I like him, but sometimes he almost seems to mature for his age, which can kind of drive me crazy. Although I do enjoy when he has to talk Ed out of doing something dangerous...or making sure he gives himself time to recover.

Artwork:
Gosh, I do not know what to say about the art work for this volume. I mean, it was just as good as the previous volumes and I really do not want to end up repeating myself...I loved it!!! Can we just leave it at that????

Final Verdict: Give me more Fullmetal Alchemist!!!

Fullmetal Alchemist 3 earns 4 out of 5 pineapples.

Comments

Popular Posts