Dragonsong

Author: Anne McCaffrey
Title: Dragonsong1
Series: Harper Hall (book 1)
Publication Date: 1976
Number of Pages: 244
Genre: Fantasy
Synopsis: “On the planet Pern, after her father forbids her to indulge in music in any way, fifteen-year-old Menolly, runs away and takes shelter with the planet's fire lizards who, along with her music, open a new life for her."


Dragonsong was just as good as I remembered it being the first time that read it a few years back, although I think I probably enjoyed reading it more this time around then last.
While Menolly was treated pretty badly by the other girls in Dragonsinger, I felt worse for her in Dragonsong then I did in Dragonsinger.
There was only one thing about the book that I didn’t recall as clearly as the rest of it, and that would be that I thought she ran away earlier on in the book. Oh well.
My favorite part of Dragonsong would have to be when Menolly finds herself too far from her shelter and has to out run Thread. Well, we all know from the synopsis of the second book that she survives, so I don’t feel bad about putting it as my favorite part of the book.
My least favorite part of the book would have to be when her father gives her a lashing for making her “twiddles” when she was supposed to be teaching the kids while their Hold waited for a new Harper. It was my least favorite part because he was embarrassed that someone would tell the Harper that a girl was teaching in his Hold.
Dragonsong was definitely worth, the long, wait; it is also, in my personnel opinion, a great place to jump into Anne McCaffrey’s Pern books.

Dragonsong earns 5 out of 5 pineapples.

Orchid
_________________________________________
1. Dragonsong was borrowed from the library.

Comments

  1. I've been waiting for a review on this book :D It's definitely going on the wishlist. Anyway, is there any romance in this series?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts