Spinning Pages (39): Children of Exile & Children of Refuge

Oftentimes, while I'm reading a song will pop into my head because the book makes me think of it; sometimes the reverse happens and a random song will make me think of a book I have readSpinning Pages is a combination of my love for books and music. More often than not, the inspiration for these posts strikes while I have music thumping in my ears while exercising (kind of like how this feature came to be). 




This week on Spinning Pages will feature two books, both from the same series, paired with one song. It may sound lazy, but I'm a little out of practice as I haven't written many blog posts since October.

The month may be half over, but how about the first Spinning Pages of the year! I am really excited to be pairing Margaret Peterson Haddix's Children of Exile and Children of Refuge with a song to share with y'all


Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen-
Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide
No escape from reality
Open your eyes
Look up to the skies and see




When I think of Rosi and Edwy and how much their world changed after they returned home, I cannot help but feel that the opening lines of Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody are more than perfect. If you have read the books, then you know that not everything was how it seemed at first glance; not even the assumptions that they made about those who raised them and the real families that they were taken away from. So, yes, I do feel that the above lines really work for the story and characters.

You can see my full thoughts on Margaret Peterson Haddix's Children of Exile and Children of Refuge, both of which I highly recommend checking out, by zipping over to my reviews of both books! Me, well now I'm stuck waiting for the next installment to see how they'll make it out of the jam they're currently in!!

Don't forget, you can watch the original music video for the song below...*though their hair is somewhat frightful*


Comments

Popular Posts