Spinning Pages (40): Tokoyo, the Samurai's Daughter


Oftentimes, while I'm reading a song will pop into my head because the book makes me think of it; sometimes the reverse happens and a random song will make me think of a book I have readSpinning Pages is a combination of my love for books and music. More often than not, the inspiration for these posts strikes while I have music thumping in my ears while exercising (kind of like how this feature came to be). 





This week on Spinning Pages to 14th century Japan where Tokoyo strives to be reunited with her father and faces many hardships during her trials. 

Karate by BabyMetal
[Ossu.] Even if tears spill from our eyes,[Ossu.] let’s confront it!
Single-mindedly, seiya soiya, let’s fight onwith our fists more… with our spirits more…with making all sharper.[Wo’oh wo’oh wo’oh.]
Still more, seiya soiya, let’s fight oneven if we get sad and unable to stand up.[Ah ossu ossu.]
(English translation is taken from BabyMetal)




Even though I am not super familiar with Babymetal's music, I really like their song Karate, and the video is really cool (just so you know). But when I saw the lyrics in English, I knew that this was the song I wanted to use for Tokoyo, the Samurai's Daughter. Why, because they remind me how Tokoyo went from numbly moving along to making a decision as to what she would do; that and it fits the determination that she found during her journey.

You can see my full thoughts on Tokoyo, the Samurai's Daughter by Faith L. Justice by hopping over to my review.

Don't forget to check out Babymetal's music video for Karate!!


Comments

Popular Posts