Sew Adventurous (1): Refashioning an Upcycled Skirt



Named after my first (negelected) Tumblr Sew Adventurous, this is my new blog feature where I'll be sharing some of the non-reading and non-bookblog things that I do. From my latest sewing project(s) to the cross stitch patters I'm currently working on. Hey, I might even get bold one day and chronicle my ill fated attempts at other forms of crafting.

Sew Adventurous: Refashioning an Upcycled Skirt


The dress on the right. Yeah, the pretty cream colored one with the flowers, well, that's what my twice upcycled skirt started out looking like. Cute pattern...but that top! That top was just all kinds of bad, but the skirt pattern was too cute to get rid of.


It took me months to finally decide how I was going to salvage the pretty dress and transform it into something new and exciting...that was within my limited knowledge of sewing.


Before we get to the "big" reveal, I'm going to share how I did it...without pictures as I forgot to take in progress pictures in my zeal for bringing my brain idea into reality.


So, while attempting to refashion the upcycled skirt I, well, I used hot pink thread and didn't bother with measuring. Not because I was super confidant in my skills, but because I didn't think it would turn out as well as it did. Lesson to all, even if you don't think it'll work out like you hope, put the proper colored thread in the machine and measure for safeties sake! Don't be lazy like me!

*drum roll*


If you're curious as to how I turned an old sundress into a super cute and flattering skirt, let me know and I'll type up a tutorial for ya'll. I'll even get some pictures because I have two more sundresses in need of an update/overhaul.

Are y'all interested in seeing more things like this? I would seriously love to hear what y'all think of this skirt and the new feature of Sew Adventurous.

Skirt details:
the waits of the skirt sits just above my hips bones, and, falls just above my knees so it's perfect for both church and everyday wear.

Comments

Popular Posts