On My Mind (3): Out the Window


As one can probably presume from the header of this post, I have decided to start doing discussion posts here on The Haunting of Orchid Forsythia. Call it me trying to let y'all inside my head and to start a dialog with you my fellow readers.

Throwing that TBR Out the Window!



How should I put this...Last night I finished re-reading Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone (for like the 15th time) and am just wanting to throw all of my TBR books to the wind to sit back and enjoy the epicness that is Harry Potter for a spell. Even though I know there are so many unread books sitting in the wings waiting for their chance to be read, I still am highly entertaining the thought of leaving them in the dust for some one-on-one time with a series I dearly love.

I don't know about you, but sometimes I just need to step far, far away from all the new books to get back to the reading that I love. Sometimes this step is intentional and sometimes it happens accidentally. Yet rarely have I regretted following my reading whims (other than the fear that I may never reach the end of my never-before-read books).


Enough about me! Tell me, has spring left you wanting to revisit all the old books that you hold close to your heart? Are you tired of being chained down to new releases and the will of your TBR pile? Go on, I won't judge because I'm just reading for me this year! Sure I have review books and some tours (okay a lot of both...especially tours this month) but I'm reading, with the exception of tour books, whatever happens to draw my attention both new and old.

The question is, will you join me in rebelling against the ever-lengthening TBR Piles 'O Doom and read just for pleasure? What's the last book you read for you and just for pleasure with no worries?


 Come on, you know you want to join the rebellion! *laughs manically*


Comments

  1. My TBR is kind of a loose concept for me. I have a BIG stack on my bookshelf which I try to work though (mostly because I can't buy anything new until I finish it!), but I'll frequently ignore it in favour of re-reads. Speaking of which, you should DEFINITELY re-read Harry Potter now. So should I, actually...
    Beth x
    www.thequietpeople.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts