Books Have Broken My Brain...

You know how one sometimes has the feeling of not being able to read after reading something most excellent... well, I seem to be suffering from that but on a much bigger scale.

So, y'all are probably wondering what could be worse than a book hangover. Well, the simple answer to that would be a triple book hangover. Yep, you read the right, a triple heart-rending, brain mashing book hangover.



I really don't know what I was thinking reading these three books back-to-back-to-back; maybe because I randomly selected one, one was due back to the library, and one just pulled me in. I really was not expecting any of them to leave me in a reading low as I haven't felt one of these since the last time I read The Last Battle and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

Here are the books that broke my reading streak with too much...everything. It started with...

Stay Where You Are & Then Leave by John Boyne which was beautiful and heartbreaking. This book had me practically in tears from page three through till the end-that's huge because I don't do tearful at all.

 
and then I chased it with...

Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo, which was the perfect end to a favorite series. I just love her writing and her Grisha trilogy has been one of my favorite series to date. It was just every thing one could ask for in a fantasy book.



then, I took a nosedive right into something serious...

The Return of the Prodigal Son by Henri J.M. Nouwen, which was very, very thought provoking and has left me with much to think on.


and now I cannot get into anything. Even the most excellent The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Design even though I'm totally in love with the writing and world that the author has created.

So, between the lack of reading and (now) seven straight days of rain and no sunshine, which means no running as well, I'm starting to feel like this...
gif by Aurorawolfa
And this, this is why my reading has been practically wiped out this past week. So, what was the last book that left you "book hungover"? How did you get out of it?????

Comments

Popular Posts