Zan-Gah: A Prehistoric Adventure

Zan-Gah: A Prehistoric Adventure (Zan-Gah, 1) by Allan Richard Shickman, 2007; 148 pages.
The hero, Zan-Gah seeks his lost twin in a savage prehistoric world, encountering suffering, captivity, conflict, love, and triumph. In three years, Zan-Gah passes from an uncertain boyhood to a tried and proven manhood and a position of leadership among his people. Themes: survival, cultures, gender roles, psychological trauma, nature's wonders and terrors.
Zan-Gah: A Prehistoric Adventure was the first time that I had ever read anything set in that time period, so I was quite surprised at how much I enjoyed read this book.

At first, I wasn’t too sure of what to make of the MC, Zan, but I soon came to enjoy reading about his trials as he searched for his missing brother. The reason I liked the MC, Zan-Gah, was because he was persistent in going after what he wanted, no matter how foolish the rest of his tribe thought he was. It was also interesting to watch how much Zan matured throughout the book where he went from being treated like a child, to being a well respected voice in his community. I also enjoyed reading about how he brought the different clans together to fight a common enemy, rather than continuing to kill each other in a war in which no one could remember what caused it to start.
  At first I wasn’t too thrilled with the story being told in third person (voice of God) narration, but it quickly became apparent that it was the best way for the book to be told.
  What I liked the most about Zan-Gah: A Prehistoric Adventure would have to be how the author brought the story to life. It was just brilliantly done.
My least favorite thing about this book would have to be the first few pages. Why, because I just wasn’t used to the format of the book, so it took me a few pages to get into it.

Final Verdict on Zan-Gah: A Prehistoric Adventure, it was a fascinating change of pace from what I normally read, the characters and story were beautifully done. I would definitely recommend giving this book a shot.

Zan-Gah: A prehistoric Adventure earns 4 out of 5 pineapples.

Comments

  1. It sounds like a different sort of book; I'll have to check it out!

    Thank you for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recieved this book as well as it's sequel for review. I keep forgetting to read it! I too haven't read anything from this time period and so I definatly should start reading it

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts