Coraline

Neil Gaiman's Book "Coraline" will make its movie debut on February 6, 2009. I just loved this book when I read it and now I can't wait to see the movie, plus I love stop-motion animated movies.

"The film is about a young girl, Coraline (Dakota Fanning), who unlocks a mysterious door in her new home and enters into a parallel reality, a fantastical and thrilling imitation of her own dull life. In this world, Coraline finds a new version of her real mother (Teri Hatcher) and father (John Hodgman), her off-kilter neighbors, Miss Forcible (Dawn French), Miss Spink (Jennifer Saunders) and Mr Bobinsky (Ian MacShane), and the Cat (Keith David). However, this other world soon begins to unravel and she becomes a prisoner to her Other Mother and must count on her resourcefulness, determination, and bravery to get back home."








Dame Orchid

Comments

  1. Ooh, I want to see that soooo badly!!! It looks soooo good!!! I can't wait till it comes out. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Bout time they're making more claymation movies. Remember how long it was between The Movie That Put the Final Nail in the Coffin of Punk (aka The Nighmare Before Christmas)and The Corpse Bride? 4ever! I can't wait to se Coraline. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I CAN'T WAIT! I loved this book so much, and the only problems I have with Coraline are some casting notions (Dakota Fanning? What were they thinking?) and soundtrack ideas (Coraline is not punk-pop, why is the band on the soundtrack?). Other than those two minor discrepancies between my idea of Coraline and the movie, I think it's gonna be great and I will probably go see it about three times before it comes out on DVD and I buy it.

    That said, I just have to wonder: why did they make her hair blue?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read the book but the movie looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts