Brisinger

Author: Christopher Paolini
Title: Brisinger
Number of Pages: 763
First Publication: 2008
Genre: Fantasy
Synopsis: "OATHS SWORN . . . loyalties tested . . . forces collide.Following the colossal battle against the Empire’s warriors on the Burning Plains, Eragon and his dragon, Saphira, have narrowly escaped with their lives. Still there is more at hand for the Rider and his dragon, as Eragon finds himself bound by a tangle of promises he may not be able to keep.First is Eragon’s oath to his cousin Roran: to help rescue Roran’s beloved, Katrina, from King Galbatorix’s clutches. But Eragon owes his loyalty to others, too. The Varden are in desperate need of his talents and strength—as are the elves and dwarves. When unrest claims the rebels and danger strikes from every corner, Eragon must make choices— choices that take him across the Empire and beyond, choices that may lead to unimagined sacrifice.Eragon is the greatest hope to rid the land of tyranny. Can this once-simple farm boy unite the rebel forces and defeat the king?"

I totally knew that they were related (the hints weren't to subtle), and who his father was (again obvious). One of my favorite parts about the series is the bond between the Rider's and their Dragons. Which makes the tales about the Dragon Rider's who have lost their other half so terribly sad.
I love how in "Eragon" and "Brisinger" the story is seamlessly told through various characters.
There aren't enough words to describe how much I love this series. The Inheritance Cycle is chalk full of some of my favorite things about books with page counts that go over 300 pages, well written characters, lots of action, and a story that completely absorbs you.
In preparation for the third book I re-read the first two in 4 days (since I had already read them I decided to take my time), then I impatiently waited for Saturday to come so that I could read "Brisinger" uninterrupted.
It took me 15 hours to read it from cover to cover. I started at 9:30 am, and finished at 12:30 am.
Even though the Inheritance Cycle is kind of reminiscent of Star Wars and LOTR it is still a remarkable series that will leave you impatiently waiting for the next (and last) one.

"Brisinger" receives 5 out of 5 cameo pendents.






The reason it has taken me so long to write and publish my reviews is that my allergies have been acting up (itchy, watery eyes, plus a lot of sneezing) every time I got on the computer my eyes would start to burn and water, which also means I couldn't read *sad*.

Orchid
Next up is "Girl at Sea" By Maureen Johnson

Comments

Popular Posts