I Want to Read It (23): Thor's Serpents



I Want to Read It, a hybrid between WLW (or WOW) and what's on my to-be read pile. Well, instead of focusing just on books I would like to acquire, I will be using it to feature books that I just want to read. From the one's I want to buy to the one's sitting on my TBR at home.


Thor's Serpents (Blackwell Pages, 3) by K.L. Armstrong and M.A. Marr, May 19, 2015. Published by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers. Source: Wishlist. 
Thirteen-year-olds Matt, Laurie, and Fen have beaten near-impossible odds to assemble their fellow descendants of the Norse Gods and complete epic quests. Their biggest challenge lies ahead: battling the fierce monsters working to bring about the apocalypse.

But when they learn that Matt must fight the Midgard Serpent alone and Fen and Laurie are pulled in other directions, the friends realize they can't take every step of this journey together. Matt, Laurie, and Fen will each have to fight their own battles to survive, to be true to themselves, and to one another - with nothing less than the fate of the world hanging in the balance.
Why: Two things: I cannot believe that this series is already drawing to a close. And I cannot believe that the final book come out over a year ago already! Oops... While I will be sad to say "goodbye" to the world and characters, I am quite excited to see how things will play out. I'm particularly concerned about two of the characters.

Catch up on my reviews for The Blackwell Pages:

Comments

Popular Posts