In My Mailbox (43)

In My Mailbox was started by Kristi of The Story Siren and inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie. Sadly the only books I order are those that are hard to find. The following books are from the library and bookstores.


Library:
Author: Melissa Marr
Title: Radiant Shadows1
Series: Wicked Lovely (book 4)
Publication Date: 2010
Synopsis: "Hunger for nourishment. Hunger for touch. Hunger to belong. Half-human and half-faery, Ani is driven by her hungers.
Those same appetites also attract powerful enemies and uncertain allies, including Devlin. He was created as an assassin and is brother to the faeries' coolly logical High Queen and to her chaotic twin, the embodiment of War. Devlin wants to keep Ani safe from his sisters, knowing that if he fails, he will be the instrument of Ani's death."

Author: Cassandra Clare
Title: City of Bones2
Series: The Mortal Instruments (book 1)
Publication Date: 2007
Synopsis: “Their hidden world is about to be revealed....

When fifteen-year-old Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder — much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons. Clary knows she should call the police, but it's hard to explain a murder when the body disappears into thin air and the murderers are invisible to everyone but Clary."

 Contest:
Author: Maria Semple
Title: This One is Mine3
Publication Date: 2008
Synopsis: "Violet Parry is living the quintessential life of luxury in the Hollywood Hills with David, her rock-and-roll manager husband, and her darling toddler, Dot. She has the perfect life—except that she's deeply unhappy. David expects the world of Violet but gives little of himself in return. When she meets Teddy, a roguish small-time bass player, Violet comes alive, and soon she's risking everything for the chance to find herself again. Also in the picture are David's hilariously high-strung sister, Sally, on the prowl for a successful husband, and Jeremy, the ESPN sportscaster savant who falls into her trap. For all their recklessness, Violet and Sally will discover that David and Jeremy have a few surprises of their own. THIS ONE IS MINE is a compassionate and wickedly funny satire about our need for more—and the often disastrous choices we make in the name of happiness."

After taking a little over a week of from reading I feel reinvigorated and ready to tackle more books.
First off, I would like to thank the awesome Gwendolyn of A Sea of Books; I won This One is Mine from her. I can’t wait to read it.
To say I was shocked that my library had a copy of Radiant Shadows would be putting it mildly. I honestly thought it would be months before I would get a chance to read it, but lucky me they had it and I couldn’t resist getting it. I have also decided to start Cassandra Clare’s The Mortal Instruments series; and so far I’m totally in love with the series.
Well, that’s all for me this week I books. Hope y’all had a great book week.

Orchid
____________________________________________________
1. Radiant Shadows was borrowed from the library.
2. City of Bones was also borrowed from the library
3. This One is Mine was won from A Sea of Books.

Comments

  1. You did choose some nice books to read this week. I liked City of Bones. Radiant Shadows is on my TBR stack but I need to read the books that come before it before I read it. I have forgotten the story. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. City of Bones is so so good. You'll need City of Ashes straight away after finishing that one. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Mortal Instruments series was addictive- prophecygirl is right, I was so glad I borrowed all three books out at once!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Mortal Instrument series and the cupcake book looks yummy!!

    Enjoy your books :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts