Eye Candy

Author: R.L. Stine
Title: Eye Candy
Publication Date: 2004
Number of Pages: 320
Genre: Horror/YA
Synopsis: Lindy Sampson is a twenty-three-year-old New Yorker with a problem: She’s too beautiful. Guys are intimidated by her. Her roommate suggests Internet dating and writes a Personal ad for Lindy, calling her “Eye Candy.” The responses pour in. Suddenly, Lindy is dating four guys at once–and having the time of her life. Until she gets a terrifying note that warns: “Don’t say no, Lindy. Keep going out with me. I’ll mess you up if you ever say no.”

I had actually finished the review of Eye Candy a couple of weeks ago, but I accidentally deleted it before I got a chance to publish it. So here is take two of a review on R.L. Stine's Eye Candy.

Eye Candy was one of the best R.L. Stine books that I have ever read. It was thrilling and left me guessing till about near the end on who was actually threatening the MC.
In all of the books I have read by him, I have never failed to peg down who the villain was or pick apart the story early on in the book.
On a whole the characters didn’t really speak to me, but the story is what kept me reading and trying to figure everything out. Lindy was a bit irritating, especially since she kept going out with the three guys she meet online even when she was being threatened by someone she knew. It was just infuriating, although she did bring in the police after she got the first creepy call and her apartment was broken into.
One of the things I enjoyed the most about this book would have to be how the story was actually something that could feasibly happen in the real world and not just something that the author made up.
My favorite part of Eye Candy would have to be this odd twist near the end of the book. It was so out of left-field, plus it kind of throws you off of the trail of who the real culprit is.
My least favorite part of Eye Candy would have to have been the cover for the book. The cover was so drab that I almost didn’t give the book a try, but the synopsis sounded good…so I got it anyways.
Eye Candy was a solidly written book with a fantastic story. It was also one of, if not, R.L. Stine’s best books to date that I have ever read.

Eye Candy earns 4 out of 5 pineapples.
Orchid
__________________________________________
1. Eye Candy was borrowed from the library.

Comments

  1. I've never read R. L. Stine, since my library doesn't have any books that I thought looked really attractive. But maybe I should try his kind of mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. R.L. Stine released a book as recently as 2004?!? And it was awesome?!? Must check this out!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts