Outside of the Book (1)


If you follow me on Twitter, then you already know that there are a lot of non-bookish things that I'm interested in. I thought it would be refreshing to share something I do Outside of the Book. Don't be shy, tell me what non-bookish things you're into as well!!




Last fall, I taught myself how to crochet. I had received one of those fun yarn cakes, you know the multi-color ones, for my birthday the year before...I just never got around to using it because knitting makes me all stabby (not the way to feel when you have pointy objects, you know). I didn't know if crocheting and I would get along, but I also didn't want to just leave it sitting around unused forever.

Photo by Olliss on Unsplash
All be honest, it took me a few weeks of working with some leftover yarn, and a whole lot of searching out tutorials and undoing, to consider myself ready to begin an actual project with my special yarn.

Yet, all the mess ups and trial and error was, in a way, fun. Especially when I could finally start to see where I was going wrong and how to remedy my error. It was frankly rather exciting to go from knowing nothing about crocheting to completing my first project.

You may be wondering, what would a novice crocheter, like myself, make? Well, that's easy. I made the most basic of basic beginner projects: the Granny Triangle Scarf.  Don't laugh, it was oddly satisfying to make and it has done a marvelous job of keeping my shoulders nice and warm during the cold weather.

Now that I'm out of yarn, it is time to find a new project to work on. I haven't decided what my next project will be yet but...something will come to me.

If you need me, I'll just be dreaming of what I would like to learn and return to for my next stab at being crafty.

 Tell me, what crafts do you enjoy? I would love to hear if you're working on any projects!!

Comments

Popular Posts