Life of a Blogger: Genres of Music


Again, Life of a Blogger is hosted by Jessi of Novel Heartbeat. Stop by her blog and to join in and learn more about your fellow bloggers.

This week's question is:
Genres of Music

Y'all have probably seen me mention it before, music I like, but here's the list of what I like and why. I'll even include a couple I cannot stand so...enjoy.

Favorites

Country:
I have been listening to country music since I was five years old, so, it's no wonder that its at the top of my favorite's list. What I enjoy about this genre are the songs that tell a story, yes, even in my music listening I enjoy a story, whether it's one of heartbreak or happiness I just enjoy imagining how the song would play out if it were a book.

Top 5 Singers:

  1. Garth Brooks 
  2. George Strait
  3. Johnny Cash
  4. Josh Turner
  5. Patty Loveless

Top 5 Songs:

  1. The Dance by Garth Brooks (this song can hit you in the feels)
  2. Prodigal Son by Dierks Bentley
  3. Long Black Train by Josh Turner
  4. Does He Love You by Reba McEntire
  5. Gods Gonna Cut You Down by Johnny Cash 

While I do love the genre, I am not pleased with some  most of the newer acts because they don't sound country at all. Don't get me started on T Swift and her popiness because she is not country (some of her lyrics give me the creeps). Lately, I have been so disgruntled with what's playing on the radio that I'll just listen to the oldies station that plays the good stuff (Reba McEntire, George Strait, Garth Brooks, etc).

Kpop:

I'm not entirely sure how this happened, but I think it began when I was listening to an anime soundtrack on Pandora. Who cares how I started listening to it; the big thing is Kpop has a lot of great songs that I enjoy listening to while running.

Classic Rock:
My dad is the reason I enjoy some classic rock. While I may not always enjoy what happens to be playing at the time, there are a few songs that must be turned up when they play. Separate Ways, anyone.

Classical:
 Otherwise known as the soundtrack for Fourth of July fireworks. Yep, I base my enjoyment of classical music on the 1812 Overture.

Anime:
Yes, I have fallen into the whole of occasionally listening to the OST's to some of my favorite anime shows. There are some that are really good, and then there are the ones that are not.

Dislikes
Rap and Metal:
Frankly, most of the lyrics make me feel like my ears need to be cleaned out with soap. My other problems with both of these genres is that, for the most part, a lot of the lyrics are degrading to women and just too angry.

I'm sure there's some more I dislike, but I fear I may go off on a tangent on why certain "singers" are irksome to me.

Comments

  1. Separate Ways! <3
    Oh my gosh I forgot about anime music!! I love listening to songs from Escaflowne, and one of my favorites is the opening title Change the World, from Inuyasha. Love that stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am most definitely going to have to check those out; as well as share with my sister.

      Delete
  2. I've listened some K-Pop. A friend of mine and I (before she moved to teach in Korea) used to watch all the videos together which was a lot of fun. They can be crazy lol

    I'm more of an indie/alternative rock fan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they can most definitely be a little crazy. I occasionally make my sister watch them with me.

      Delete
  3. The Dance is one of those songs that hits me each and every time I hear it! Great list. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There has never been a time that The Dance has not hit me in the feels. So happy to see someone else who knows the song.=)

      Delete

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts