Spinning Pages (51): Cats in the City


Oftentimes, while I'm reading a song will pop into my head because the book makes me think of it; sometimes the reverse happens and a random song will make me think of a book I have readSpinning Pages is a combination of my love for books and music. More often than not, the inspiration for these posts strikes while I have music thumping in my ears while exercising (kind of like how this feature came to be). 


This week on Spinning Pages takes up to New York City where Stick Cat and Edith go on grand, yet terrifying, adventures all before their respective owners return home at the end of the day. 

Keep reading to see this week's song and lyric selection that will be going with Cats in the City by Tom Watson.


Cat by APink-
My eyes sparkle, filled with curiosityI want to get to know youI don’t know anything, please teach meI want to know everything







How could I possibly resist using a song titles "Cat" for a book about cats! The answer is, I couldn't. 

I went through quite a few songs trying to find one that had lyrics that reminded me of the book. It wasn't easy, but, the ones above made me think of both Stick Cat and Edith and their adventures. 

For the curious, you can see my full thoughts on A Tail of Two Cats and Cats in the City by checking out my reviews for the first two books in Tom Watson's Stick Cat series.

don't forget, you can listen to APink's Cat below! Hopefully, you'll enjoy this fun sounding song...be careful though, as you may just find it stuck in your head. 

Comments

Popular Posts